How to Activate and Stream YouTube.com Kids on Roku
You have watched hundreds of hours of movies and TV series on your Roku player. It is time for your kids to have some fun. YouTube is a fantastic platform that offers all kinds of content for everyone. YouTube Kids from YouTube is exclusively made for young kids that bring numerous entertainment videos. Go through the blog to learn how to get YouTube Kids on Roku.
Table of Contents
Guide to Watch YouTube Kids on Roku
Although your little ones will enjoy the videos, you can keep an eye on them by making the most of its Parental controls. You can limit daily usage, block certain channels, turn off the search, and monitor what your child is watching. Also, you can get more than one profile for different channels.
As you gear up to add the app on Roku, you might get a little disappointed to not find the YouTube Kids app in the search bar. This doesn’t mean your kids will be deprived of enjoying all the curated videos. There are other ways to carry out the task. Screen mirroring is one of the most trusted ways to enjoy music, animation videos, and more. You can cast the screen through your smartphone. If you have an iPhone or an Android phone, you are good to go with the following steps.
Check the steps below to get the YouTube Kids app on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror through Android Phone –
If you have an Android phone, you are suggested these proven steps to cast the screen. Moreover, you must ensure that both your Roku device and Android smartphone should be connected to the same wireless network.
- Get your smartphone and tap on the “Play Store” app on your phone.
- Navigate through the search bar to download the YouTube Kids app. You can simply type the name to install it manually.
- After the app is downloaded, you will be prompted to log into your YouTube Kids account.
- Hereafter, you need to drag down the tab “Notification”.
- Look for the option that says “Screen Cast” and click on the “Enable Wireless Display” option.
- This will prompt you to click or select your Roku TV. Choose to connect to it.
Your device is now ready to cast the YouTube Kids videos on your Roku device.
How to Screen Mirror through iPhone –
Got an iPhone? Nothing can stop you from casting the YouTube videos on your Roku device. Make sure your Roku streaming media player setup is already done. It should have a high-speed Internet connection.
Since Roku has already updated its device with AirPlay and HomeKit, it will facilitate the streaming process. It will enable you to cast a screen on your TV via Roku. On your Roku, you need to –
- Turn on your Roku device and navigate to the home screen by tapping on the Home button on the remote.
- Scroll down and navigate to “Settings”.
- Click on the “Settings” option and you will be prompted to select the “Apple Airplay and HomeKit” option.
- You will need to turn on the Airplay.
- Next, you must tap “First Time Only” in the option “Require Code”.
- You need to connect to the same wireless Internet. Ensure that your Roku device is also connected to the same Internet.
- Go to the App Store to download the concerned app – YouTube Kids.
- After the installation is over, swipe down the Control Center.
- Click on the “Screen Mirroring”.
- You will come across the available devices on the screen. Choose “Roku TV”.
- A unique activation code should appear on the screen. You need to save the code and enter it to connect to the iPhone.
- It is time to launch the app and start enjoying the videos on Roku.
Follow the steps correctly and make zero mistakes. You will be able to fetch unlimited hours of fun videos for your kids.