Modern technologies have completely transformed the concept of ‘gaming.’ Today, every improvement is made to bring gamers a step closer to a realistic experience. Since their inception in the 1950s and 1960s, video or computer games have become a norm to kill boredom.
If you’re one of those multi-player video gamers, you’ll have several reasons to fall for Rocket League. All you have to do is create an account, and link it with your device at rocketleague.com/activate
Rocket League: What do you need to know?
The popular vehicular soccer video game Rocket League was developed by Psyonix in 2015. The game is a sequel to Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, which was released in 2008.
To activate the game on your device, you must first ensure the following pre-requisites are met to link the account to your streaming device and fasten the activation process
- A stable internet connection.
- An account with Epic Games.
- A Compatible gaming console.
- A second device to access the activation URL rocketleague.com/activate
How to Activate Rocket League via rocketleague.com/activate
Activating Rocket League on your desired streaming service is possible only when you have an Epic Games Account. Therefore, to get started with the activation process, the first step is to create or sign in to an existing Epic Games Account.
Wondering how to link your Rocket League account to an Epic Games account? Simply follow the steps provided below:
- To get started, launch your mobile or computer web browser and visit the activation URL at rocketleague.com/activate
- On the activation page, tap on the Log in option
- This will now prompt you to select a sign-in method. (Click on Sign Up if you don’t have an Epic Games account.)
- Already have an Epic Games account? select the option to log into your Epic Games account and enter the sign-in credentials correctly
- All the existing connected external accounts in the Epic Games Account Portal will be displayed
- Login and connect any additional accounts on which you will play Rocket League, such as PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Switch
- Review the information provided and click on Link Account
- Enter your email address & password and tap to Sign in
- Tap on Yes to permit Epic Games to access your info. Once all the accounts are linked, click on Next.
Once you’ve successfully logged in to the Epic Games Account, you’d be required to create a Primary Platform.
- Select a Primary Platform and tap on Preview. All linked platforms will use your primary platform level, ranks, and Rocket Pass progress. (Ensure to select the platform with the highest progress and
highest competitive rank.)
- Tap on Confirm once you’ve reviewed all the accounts linked to your Rocket League accounts
Your Rocket League account has been successfully linked. All Rocket League items, progression, ranks, and inventory can now be shared across all platforms.
Note: As Esports tokens and credit balances cannot be transferred, they will remain associated with each platform. To change the primary platform anytime in future, visit rocketleague.com/activate. But you can only change your primary platform once a month.
Link Epic Games account with your Rocket League account?
If you possibly encounter the following error message while linking or connecting your platform account to your Epic Games account –
“Sorry, but this PSN account has already been associated with another Epic Games account.”
You can alternatively access epicgames.com/activate by following the steps carefully as listed below–
- Visit epicgames.com/login on a web browser of your choice
- Tap on the appropriate sign-in option and enter the required login credentials
- Once you’ve signed in to your Epic Games account, you can unlink the platform from your Epic Games account
- Now, access rocketleague.com/activate. Tap on Log in and then on Sign in With Epic Games
- Finally, to link your Rocket League account, tap on Login and Connect.
- Once the platform is connected, you are all set to change your Primary Platform.
Years ago, the gaming experience was not the same as it is today. With the development of new technologies, the online gaming world is becoming bigger and better.
So, if you wish to try your hands at video games, don’t miss out on activating Rocket League on your favourite platform at rocketleague.com/activate and let victory bring you fun and excitement as you enjoy the game.
Frequently Asked Question – (FAQs)
Have questions about News12? Check out our compiled list of FAQs below:
Q. What is meant by an Epic Games Account?
An Epic Games Account is your login for Epic Games games. For example, if you play Fortnite you must have an Epic Games account. While linking your Rocket League platform, you can use that same Epic Games Account. Your Rocket League inventory, Rocket Pass progress, Competitive rank, and XP will be added to your Epic Games account once it is linked.
Q. Do I need to have an Epic Games account to play Rocket League?
Yes. Without creating an Epic Games account or logging into your existing Epic Games account, you cannot play Rocket League on your gaming console or PC.
Q. What is meant by a Primary Platform?
Rocket League’s Primary Platform is where your Epic Games Account keeps track of your Rocket Pass Tiers and Competitive Ranks. So, choosing the platform where you have played Rocket League the most is the first step. Next, select the platform with the highest Competitive Rank, the most Rocket Pass progress, and the most XP. All of your linked platforms will allow you to access that information.
Q. How do I set up a Primary Platform?
You can setup a Primary Platform by visiting rocketleague.com/activate and logging in to your Epic Games account. You must note that your Primary Platform is the source of progression for all your connected platforms.
Q. Can I download Rocket League for free?
Yes. Rocket League is free to play and can be downloaded from the Epic Games Store.
Q. How do I benefit from linking a platform to the Epic Games Account?
The moment you link a platform to the Epic Games account, you can unlock the Chopper EG Wheel.
Q. Can I play rocket league cross-platform if I link my accounts?
No! whether or not you link your account, Rocket League continues to offer complete cross-platform play.
Q. What do I do with the credits and esports tokens?
Credits and esports tokens remain on the platform wherein they were bought. Though they’d be a part of your epic games account, you can only access them and pay your credits and esports token balances on the platform wherein you bought them.