Roku is nothing but like a pot full of chocolates and candies inside it similar to that Roku is full of Entertainment, Music,News, Shows, Sports, Series etc. Its nothing like that on Roku you can only enjoy the channels which are already on it, via cast feature anyone can enjoy other channels and shows which are not inbuilt part of Roku. It can be done so from devices like Android, iOS, Mac and PC.
Features Available To Cast To Roku
- Via Built-In Chromecast feature to Roku.
- Screen Mirroring to Roku.
- Using Third party apps.
How To Cast To Roku Via Built-In Chromecast
In today’s modern world there are many applications which have in-built chromecast features which means via those apps anyone can view or enjoy shows or other channels on Roku from their SmartPhone Small Screen. Few Examples of those Built-In chromecast apps are Netflix, Youtube, HBO Max and many more.
Steps to Cast Netflix to Roku via Android
- First of all connect both the devices to the strong and same internet connection.
- After that go to the Roku Channel Store to download the Netflix app from it.
- In the search bar using the virtual keyboard enter the name Netflix, hit the Add Channel option.
- Also make sure to download the Netflix application on your SmartPhone via Play Store.
- Now tap on the Netflix app downloaded on your Smartphone and Roku both.
- Enter the login credentials to login on both the devices using the same Username and Password.
- On your Smartphone screen in the Netflix app click on the Cast Icon given on the top right corner.
- After which you are required to select the Available Roku devices and then click on the OK button.
- Your part is over now, as now Roku will start streaming your favorite content.
Steps to Cast via Screen Mirroring on Roku
To Cast on Roku via Screen Mirroring can also be done using three devices
- Android Device
- Windows Computer
- iOS Device
Things to be Remembered to Cast Content on Roku
- Make sure to enable the Screen Mirroring feature on Roku.
- To Screen Mirror from an iOS device make sure to enable the Airplay feature on Roku.
How to Cast on Roku via Android Devices?
- Point to remember: always connect your both the device i.e Roku device and Android device to the same Internet connection.
- Now on your android device go to the Notification Panel and press on the Cast Icon.
- From the list of available devices choose your Roku Device, now press the Allow button on your Roku Device.
- Your Roku Device is ready to show channels and shows from your Android device.
Cast to Roku on iOS Devices
- Step to be followed always, Connect both the devices to the same internet connection.
- Now on your Roku device make sure to enable the Airplay feature.
- Go to the control panel on your iOS device.
- Select the Screen Mirroring option and from the available devices choose the Roku Device.
- After following the above stated step, one notification will pop out on your screen, Select the Allow option.
- Doing this will prepare your Roku device to show you the channels and shows from iOS Device.
Steps to Cast on Roku at Mac
- Again follow the same step, Connect both the devices to the same internet connection.
- Select the Control Panel from your Mac.
- On the look for the Screen Mirroring option and select your Roku device from the list of devices.
- After this look at your Roku device and give access to the notification’s question by selecting the Allow option.
- Now your Mac is ready to stream by going to Safari and opening the app which you want to cast on Roku.
How to Cast to Roku via Windows PC?
- Connect both the devices to the same internet or Wifi connection.
- On Windows PC press the windows + K key together, doing this a Connect window will appear on the right side of the screen.
- After this list of devices will be open, out of those lists select your Roku device.
- Doing this on the Roku screen you will see a notification asking for a permit to give a permit press on the Allow option.
- This will share PC content to Roku.
- Now Launch the browser and start streaming your favorite streaming service.
- Now you can enjoy PC content on Roku’s big screen.
Cast using the Third Party Applications
More applications which have built-in features of cast can be downloaded from stores like App Store or Play Store.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I cast HBO Max to Roku Screen?
Yes, follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Download the HBO Max app on your device via play store or app store.
- Now click on the Cast Icon.
- Select your Roku device.
- Following the above steps, you can start streaming your favorite shows on HBO Max on your Roku device.