Amazon Music is available on a variety of devices, including its own Echo TV and Fire TV player. However, many of you have come to find out if it is supported on Roku. To discover more about Amazon Music on Roku, keep reading this post.
For years, music streaming market has been dominated by services like Spotify, Apple Music and Pandora. Amazon Music is a bit of an underdog in this area, with slightly under 55 million listeners. However, it has undergone significant changes since its first release in 2007 and has improved the audio quality.
Aside from free and fast delivery, special offers, and regular discounts, one of the most significant advantages of purchasing an Amazon Prime is the addition of Amazon Music. As long as you have a Prime subscription, you will get ad-free access to over two million songs.
Those who pay a premium for an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription have access to a vast collection of over 50 million tracks. Amazon Music HD, like Qobuz and Tidal, provides millions of songs in Ultra HD resolution (up to 3,730 Kb/s / 24-bit / 192 kHz).
Features of Amazon Music
Here are some of Amazon Music’s features:
- With your Prime subscription, you get ad-free music streaming.
- Download offline without limitation
- Alexa now has a hands-free mode.
- Millions of songs are accessible for listening
- Stay up to date on the latest releases
Is Amazon Music available on Roku?
Amazon Music is officially accessible from the Roku Channel Store as a channel, unlike Google Play Music. In view of the Amazon service being available in Prime video on Roku, the fact that Amazon Music is available on the same platform isn’t surprising.
When linked in with a Prime subscription, the Amazon Music Roku channel provides you access to the same collection of two million songs. If you have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription, you can stream Amazon Music’sentire library through the channel.
You may also access your purchases and personal playlists and peruse your listening habits through a curated musical collection.
Steps to Add Amazon Music on Roku?
Amazon Music may be simply added to the Roku Channels List by going into the Channel Store page, clicking “+ Add Channel” and logging in to the Roku account. You should see the channel on your device in a minute or two.
In addition, a few minutes may be saved, and the next steps to instal Amazon Music from your Roku device can be followed.
- Allow your device to boot to the Roku Home page after turning it on. Ensure the internet is connected.
- After that, scroll down to the Streaming Channels option on the Roku Home screen.
- Then click Search Channels in the menu “Music Amazon” of the following Channel Store.
- Select the Amazon Music channel from the result and navigate to the right.
- Finally, in the Amazon Music Channel Store menu, select Add channel.
- Roku may ask you to verify your Roku account PIN when you add the channel.
- Click OK to dismiss Roku’s “Channel added” popup. When you return to the Roku Home screen, you can now access Amazon Music. It should be at the bottom of the list of channels.
- Simply press the (*) button on your Roku remote and select Move channel to move the Amazon Music channel higher in the channels list.
How to Activate Amazon Music on Roku
As long as you are ready to sign up for Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited, you may activate Amazon Music on Roku easily. Here’s how it can be done:
- First, from the Roku channel list, activate your Amazon Music channel.
- Now, on the welcome screen, pick the Sign In option. On the following page, you will see a unique activation code.
- Then go to your phone or computer on amazon.com/code from the browser. If necessary, sign in to your Amazon account.
- Then enter the activation code displayed on the Roku channel on Amazon Music and press Continue.
- Use the Amazon Music Roku channel to customise your recommendations, favourites, playlists etc. once you allow activation.
Similar Post: Apple Music on Roku
How to use Roku’s Amazon Music?
Recently a big overhaul of Amazon Music’s user interface was carried out. The app is divided into three different areas: Home, My Music and Recent. From the channel navigation panel, you can swap between them. Field search and Profile menu on the top-rights of the screen are also located.
The homepage enables you, based on your preferences, to browse collections, channels, playlists and songs. You can use the popular songs and discover related albums if you select an album or artist. The ‘My Music’ page represents your portal for personal playlists, mixes, favourite songs and stations that you added from other devices before.
Click the (⋯) option on the player while listening to a song. You can turn on-screen lyrics from the following option.
We’ve covered all you need to know about adding and activating Amazon Music on Roku in this article. While your Roku is connected to the same network, you should see a Cast (TV with three waves) indicators on the player if you use Amazon Music on your mobile device or computer.
When you click it and choose the Roku device, the Amazon Music channel will open up and resume music playback from where it was previously halted. It’s simple, and you won’t need your Roku remote to play, pause, or skip through the music.