Streaming services became the only source of entertainment and information during the pandemic as people spent more time at home. YouGov’s International Media Consumption study (2021) revealed how streaming habits transformed over the years from audio streaming to music listening and podcasting.
One such leading music streaming service has been Pandora. Play and search for your favourite soundtracks, podcasts, albums and playlists and even activate it via pandora.com/roku to stream on multiple platforms.
Signing Up for Pandora on Roku
Quickly follow the below instructions provided to sign up for a Pandora account.
- From a browser of your choice Access Pandora’s Sign-up page.
- Enter the required credentials (email address, password, birth year, zip code, and gender in the relevant fields) and tap on the Sign-Up button.
- Your Pandora account has been successfully created.
- To opt for a premium version, select the Upgrade option.
- Choose your preferred plan-
1) Pandora Premium (With Pandora Premium, you will get a 60-day free trial)
2) Pandora Plus (With Pandora Plus, you will get a 30-day free trial)
- Choose either of the above plans and provide your payment details (Credit Card/PayPal) on the screen next
- Choose your subscription type (Monthly/Annual). To agree to the Subscription Terms and Offer Terms, select the checkbox next to “I have read and agree to …. will not receive a refund’’
- Next, tap on Start Trial to make the payment
- You have successfully purchased your desired Pandora Plan.
How to Add Pandora Channel on Roku
When it comes to home entertainment devices, Roku is the best way to access Pandora. Available on the Channel Store, you can directly install the app and activate the service via pandora.com/roku.
- To get started, first connect the Roku player to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Next, turn on your TV and launch the Roku media player.
- Here, enter the Roku Sign-in credentials and connect it to a stable internet.
- Press the Home button on Roku remote and navigate to the Roku home screen.
- From the home menu select Streaming Channels>Search Channels.
- Type to search for Pandora using the virtual keyboard. Select the Pandora app from the listed channels.
- Now tap the Add Channel option from the Pandora app information screen.
The Pandora app is successfully installed and added to your channel list.
How to Activate Pandora on Roku using pandora.com/roku
Now that Pandora is added to your Roku channel list, go to the Channels section on your Roku Player.
- Launch the Pandora app and select Continue.
- Within the app, select the Sign In option.
- If you don’t already have an account visit www.pandora.com to create one.
- Upon signing in, you’ll receive an activation code.
- Copying the code, visit the activation page at www.pandora.com/roku.
- Enter the activation code that appears on your Roku-connected TV screen. Tap the Activate Now button to begin.
- Finally, sign in with your Pandora account credentials and follow the on-screen steps.
Alternative Ways to add Pandora to Roku
You can also add Pandora to your Roku device using an alternative way. Check out the steps below:
- Launch a browser on a device of your choice and visit the Roku Channel Store.
- From the upper right corner tap to sign in entering the correct credentials.
- On the Search box type to Pandora.
- Select the Pandora app from the listed search results.
- Once the Pandora app is added to Roku, activate it using pandora.com/roku.
- Now launch Pandora and sign in to your account. You’re all set to listen to your favourite soundtracks.
Roku can AirPlay Pandora
Another alternative to streaming Pandora is by using the AirPlay support on Roku. The feature will help you stream Pandora music from your iPhone or iPad.Let’s walk you through the steps below:
- Install the Pandora app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Now connect your iPhone/iPad and Roku device to a common WiFi network.
- Open the Pandora app on your iPhone/iPad and play any soundtrack of your choice.
- Now click on the AirPlay icon on the media player and select your device name (Roku) from the list of nearby devices.
- You’re finally done. The selected music will play on your Roku device.
Troubleshoot the Activation Code not working error on your Roku
Like any other streaming device, you might encounter trouble operating Pandora on your Roku. Quickly try these troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:
- Avoid using a Wi-Fi network and opt to directly connect with an Ethernet cable, if the option is available for your model.
- Reboot the modem and router and restart the Roku player.
- Remove the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (The Remove channel option will be available if you press the * key on your remote while selecting the Pandora channel from the home screen.)
A wide variety of subscription-based music streaming services today makes millions of songs accessible on any device you own. From Apple Music to Spotify to Pandora, in addition to democratizing music listening, streaming platforms have even revolutionized artist interactions with their fans.
To enjoy listening to your favourite soundtracks activate the app via pandora.com/roku on your favourite streaming device (Roku).
Frequently Asked Questions – (FAQs)
Have questions about activating Pandora? Consider our compiled list of FAQs below:
Q. Can I get Pandora on Roku for free?
Pandora is a free application that you can download and add for free on your streaming device.
Q. Why isn’t Pandora working on my Roku TV?
To fix this, check if you have a valid subscription. Once checked, retry again. Often the Pandora app on your Roku may not work for other reasons as well. Try to check the following:
- Close the application and restart your Roku device to relaunch the app
- Uninstall the Pandora app and reinstall it again from the Roku Channel Store
- Check if you’re using an updated version of the Pandora app
- Update to ensure your Roku device isn’t running on outdated firmware.
Q. How do I use the Pandora app on my Roku device?
Launch the app on your Roku device, and select “Up Arrow” from the Roku remote. By doing this, you will be able to monitor your playlist from the menu bar. To scan for new music tracks or change the settings, tap Home. Alternatively, you can also sort your music preferences from the Content Settings under the Settings section.
Q. Is there an alternative to activate Pandora app?
In case you have no other device or cannot access the activation page to verify the code displayed on your TV screen, follow the steps below. However, before applying these steps ensure to have installed the Pandora app on your Android or iOS device.
1. On your mobile device, open the Pandora app.
2. Navigate to the Settings option and select the Device Activation option from the Settings menu
3. Enter the displayed code (from your TV) and submit it
4. Your connected TV screen will get refreshed and you’ll be directed to the main menu of your Pandora app.
Q. How to retrieve my activation code?
Forgotten the activation code? You can quickly retrieve it again from the device you are trying to configure. All you have to do is select the Pandora app on your device and get the code from the screen.